Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Where did summer go?

The end of August and my summer to-do list isn't quite finished! I need more time. I need more summer. But, here's a progress report on things so far:

Knitting: Promised myself I would finish Hubby's sweater before knitting a stitch on anything else. Promise mostly kept. The back is finished, the front is almost finished, but I did start a scarf. It's for him, though, so at least I'm not too far off track. I needed a diversion. I get a little bored with the constant repetition of the sweater. I'll be happy when he can actually wear both. I promised myself that will be this coming winter.

Writing: Class is going well and almost finished. How could 10 weeks be going so fast? I'm learning a lot - amazing how an actual class can teach you more than just reading the text book. For the first time, I've experienced critiques from people I don't even know. And I'm still here to talk about it!

Photography: Didn't do as much as I wanted to, but got some good shots. I'm a funny photographer. I carry a small camera everywhere, but only take out the big one for special things like a day on the rivers, a day in Central Park, something planned. Or, an unexpected reflection in the Time Warner Center. The little one is for the unplanned; the shot you just need to get because it's so spontaneous. Like the day hundreds of bicycles stopped traffic on Fifth Avenue. Or the gorgeous light show at Christmastime in the Time Warner Center. Of the hubby just smiling for no reason. Or maybe even the dog just looking sweet. The big camera is too heavy to carry around casually. But both have given me pictures I'm proud of, memories I can relive and keepsakes of things that are important to me. I wish I could get them all.

Computers: Mostly done. The big Dell laptop is clean as a whistle and running fast again. Check. The little Dell laptop didn't need anything because it's only a few months old. Check. The desktop is cleaner but not perfect. I have to give that one some thought. Sort of check. And, on impulse, a new computer joined the family. An Apple! Which may be a big part of the reason the desktop isn't finished. While I learn the new system, revel in it not being a Windows PC, and enjoy it enough to want a bigger one, I stopped thinking about the Desktop. Why worry about PC when you've become an Apple?

As for the decluttering, perhaps another blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment